Two-step verification is an optional security feature that provides an advanced protection to your Navicat Cloud account. Once enabled, you will need to enter your Navicat ID password together with a 6-digit verification code whenever you sign in to your Navicat Cloud account and Navicat Cloud Portal.
- Sign in to Navicat Cloud Portal.
- Click on your Navicat ID in the upper-right corner to open the account menu.
- Click Settings from the account menu and select the Security tab.
- Under the Two-step verification section, click Enable two-step verification.
- Click Next.
- For security reasons, you have to re-enter your password to enable two-step verification. You will be now given the choice to scan the QR code or enter your secret key in the Authenticator App.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code generated by the Authenticator App.
- Mark down the 16-digit backup code which is used to disable two-step verification if you ever lose your phone, or unable to sigh in successfully. You will need this backup code for emergency access to your Navicat Cloud.
- Setup a backup email for receiving a new backup code if you lose the original one. A backup email is optional but highly recommended.